Saturday, February 28, 2015

If you're in a bind...

...desperate times call for desperate measures. 

Weekends are when I really get to indulge my coffee addiction. I have to get up at 4:15am during the week, so I usually grind what I need on Sunday to save a little time each morning. I run a cup through the Braun and have it with a bowl of cereal. When I get to work at about 5:30am, I wait an hour and a half for the cafeteria to open and get a biscuit (I keep butter & some kinda spread in our little dorm-size fridge, 'cuz they charge for it). I'll have cup of Columbian from our Keurig (*urp*) to wash it down (I keep French Vanilla creamer, too). Then when I get home, I'll usually fix a *good* cup to wash the Keurig out of my mouth. But, I digress...

So, anyway...I've got about a third of a pound of whole-bean dark to last the week, and being the tightwad that I am, was trying to save a few bucks until payday (vacation's coming up in two weeks). I remembered I had some Folger's filter packs (that I had bought during my last vacation) in the pantry, and thought, "Hey, I can use that crap for my morning cup and save the good stuff."


 I check the "Best Used By" date and figure I'm good...


So, I break out the Aeropress and brew as I normally would.


Cat-piss. Hopefully, it will be (a little) better coming out of the Braun. (I had read an article about using a French press to salvage crappy coffee, but the Folger's is ground a bit too fine for a press pot. But for now, I've got to get this crappy taste out of my mouth...)

No comments:

Post a Comment